Wednesday, April 25, 2012

KM100k instead of Miwok

Well, we finally made the call & decided to call off the race at Miwok next weekend due to the back issues.  Just too much risk for a 10-11 hour run given the current circumstances.  I could be pretty much back to normal by next weekend; but it's not going to be 100%, so the smart decision is to push it off.

Good news is I am signed up for the Kettle Moraine 100k up in Wisconsin on June 2.  Timing & location fit perfect; will allow me the next week or so to get back on my feet, put a couple huge weeks in then taper it up for the 100k race.  We also have a family lake house in the Lake Geneva area which is about 30 mins from the start of the 100k race.  I may even be able to score a couple pacers for this race & the trails are pure in the Kettle Moraine forest.  If you haven't checked out the Kettle Moraine & are in the midwest; it's a definite must-run in the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email